Thursday, September 26, 2013

Blog Entry Number 4

 In "Plato's Allergory Of The Cave" Jan Saenredam explains the life of people who lived in a cage since birth hood around 500 B.C.E. The people was chained from not only head to toe but on their necks so that they wont be able to turn around forcing them to only stare in front of them. There was a fire and a passage way behind them which caused shadows on the cave walls from things that passed by. There we're all type of things such as people walk carrying things on their heads, figures of men and animals made of wood and stone and other materials. Because they couldn't see anything behind them they didn't know that the shadows were actually shadows, they thought it was the real thing because that's all they every saw. One day one of the prisoners were led free and because he was a prisoner for so long he would have pains from being in such a stiff position. He got distracted by the light so his vision was a bit blur at first. He then saw all the things that he once saw in the cave not knowing that they were reality because all he ever seen of them was shadows which was his relality. He then ran back to the cave to tell the others what was outside but they couldnt really undertsnad him, they barely recognized his voice.

 I believe that my stage in life according to the cave would be me walking out into the light. I say that because i have over come alot in my life. During my highschool years it was hard for me to get through because i didnt have a job and only my mother was supporting me. My mother had other bills to pay so it was hard to try and give me all that i wanted plus pay off her bills. The real rough time was around my prom and graduation. everything was so expensive and only my mom,with a little help from my dad, mad everything possibe. I was able to get the dress that i wanted, the hair style that i wanted and enjoy my night the way i dreamed of. Now i have a job so my mother dont have to work that hard for me. Im working ,in college and i help my mom on bills now. Im very greatful with where im at in life and i do it all for me and my mom to survive. We are definantly moving foward into the light 


No comments:

Post a Comment