Tuesday, December 10, 2013

final project

             Baked Macaroni and Cheese


Ingredients 
  • 2 boxes of  Ronzoni Jumbo Shells 
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 6 cups milk
  • 5 large egg
  • 12 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Large foil pam
  • Drainer

Preparation 
  • boil a big pot of water until water is boiling
  • preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  • When the water is boiling add salt with box of shells (add salt so the shells wont stick together
  • Let the shells boil until they are soft. 
  • In the large pan spread  the butter 
  • Pour the shells into the drainer to get all the water out 
  • Pour the shells into the pan
  • Spread them around and add the eggs and milk
  • Put in oven to cook for about 2 hours but constantly check on it
  • before it done take it out and add the cheese on the top of it
  • place it back into the over so the cheese can melt on the top of it 
  • when its done take it out and let it cool 
  • Enjoy
Preparing this meal is special to me because my Nana showed me how to prepare it and she is very special to me. We do alot of things together and when my Nana cooks she puts her passion into it so when I prepare the meal I have to do the same or I wont get the results I aim for. In preparation to this meal i learned that the longer I keep it in the oven the crunchier the shells will be and you don't want crunchy shells so you have to always check it. Cooking this meal makes me feel special because this is a meal that has been in my family for years. I enjoy cooking it for my friends and family 

No comments:

Post a Comment